Pro.Monitor is the best SAP monitoring tool on the market.
As an all-in-one monitoring software, it allows you to be more productive by rapidly checking multiple SAP systems and data on a single screen.
It’s the easiest to install, budget-friendly and efficient SAP ecosystems surveillance software you will ever come accross!
Learn more about Pro.Monitor’s features and functions.
“Go live” in a few hours, with no agent to install, no system to modify, an automatic system discovery via SLD and automation of daily tasks
With more than 15 years of expertise, Pro.Monitor is a complete solution that can be interfaced with SAP S/4HANA, BusinessObjects, NetWeaver…
Access a modern and intuitive interface that does not require SAP expertise and benefit from standardised configuration and predefined integration plug-ins.
Detect problems before they become critical, configurable for a daily view of alerts and accessible from a single checkpoint.
- All components of your SAP environment will be checked 24/7
- Alerts and metrics are generated based on customizable monitoring profiles
- An advanced surveillance engine allows a very flexible and efficient configuration of the monitoring
- Appropriate persons or groups will be notified automatically as soon as a problem of their concern occurs
- Based on 15 years of SAP experience and best practices, we tailored our own set of monitors directly in the solution
- Pro.monitor has been designed to address also your specific monitoring needs and for the watch of very large SAP landscapes
- We do not rely on CCMS to collect SAP metrics, our monitors are more accurate and reliable to extend your SAP safety
- We are however 100% compatible with CCMS and can discover any of its metric on the fly
- Automatic generation of daily check reports: Save hours of manually check per month
- Generates usage analysis reports for capacity planning
- You don’t need to install anything on your SAP systems: No agent, no transport
- Our solution will connect remotely to your systems via SAP standard protocols, preserving the security set in place
- We simply need a communication user with a secured authorization profile
- You can integrate SAP monitoring to your preferred monitoring and CMDB platform at the same time
- With Pro.Monitor’s technical features, Multiple connectors are available for a fast and easy integration
- Our solution will discover your SAP landscape from the SLD and let you choose which components will be monitored
- Pro.Monitor’s features help you organize the systems by functional groups
- Most metrics of your ABAP or Java SAP system can be discovered and monitored
- Each configuration change can be tracked and commented. Therefore, you always know who did a change and for which purpose.
- Create your finely grained alarm filter to make sure that each alarm notification finds the appropriate people by the appropriate way.
- Filters and recipients can be active according to a given schedule, in order to reflect time zone differences.
- Pro.Monitor’s technical features include our monitoring library of preconfigured alerts and KPIs, you can proactively detect problems before they become critical and bring your system down
- Based on a trend, we can forecast the evolution of system metrics and warn you days in advance that a critical situation will arrive.
- The response time of your transactions will be monitored closely. As soon as a performance drop is detected you will be notified so you can react and solve the problem much faster.
- With our monitoring profiles, you can easily enforce a global “monitoring policy” to apply on all systems thus making sure that they remain clean without constant repetitive errors consuming resources.
- Many manual tasks have been automated. Your monitoring team can spend much more time on productive tasks rather than checking the systems.
- Daily check or problem triage is no longer a burden for your team.
- The administrator responsible for a set of SAP Jobs, IDOC or RFC destination can be notified automatically as soon as a problem is detected in their area.
- Our solution allows you to reduce the manpower dedicated to monitoring, and transfer it to projects that add value to your business. The cost of the monitoring can now become an investment.
- If you want to monitor more aspects of your environment but you don’t have the resources, this solution will provide the necessary monitors without the cost related to SAP know-how, configuration efforts, and its maintenance.
- You want to create a service offer for SAP monitoring, but SAP is complex and the investment in SAP expert manpower is not an option for you.
- Our solution will help to reduce significantly your investment and to offer a full featured service at a competitive price.
- You will be able to handle the monitoring of hundreds of systems across several customers, from a single screen
- Optimize team productivity and monitoring cost
- Maximize investments in SAP by preserving a high level of service for your applications
- Reduce expertise dependency on the monitoring
- Ensure SLA is respected by the service provider
- Finally, a simple and user friendly solution for your daily work
- Automates many repetitive tasks, like problem triage, performance check, etc…
- Reduce daily check task to a single minute per system
- Extensive monitoring configuration mechanism allowing to cover very specific use cases
- Auto discovery of SAP components for a very fast configuration
- Accurately monitor your SLA
- Reports for capacity planning
- Role-based interface for an adapted display
Request a demo
- SAP NetWeaver
- NetWeaver 4.6C – 7.5
- ABAP/JAVA/Web Dispatcher
- SAP S4/HANA
- SAP HANA 2.0
- SAP Business One HANA
CMC / Audit warnings
This monitor helps you to :
– Make sure that the CMC is available. As this monitor is doing the same actions as a user would do within his browser, you can increase the quality of the end user experience.
– Make sure there isn’t any warning in the CMC’s auditing dashboard. As this information is calculated by the CMC, the only way to check this is by doing it manually.
Pro.Monitor can do this for you.
This monitor helps you to :
– Make sure that there is not a lot of users connected at the same time. You can have an alert when the number of concurrent sessions in your system is breaking a threshold. Moreover, this monitor can provide metrics that will allow you to have a chart representing the user activity in your system.
– Make sure that a user isn’t logged in your system too many times.
This monitor helps you to :
– Make sure that nobody has configured a schedule to run too often. You can have an alert when a schedule is scheduled to run underneath a threshold (in minutes) you’ve configured.
– Make sure that you don’t have too many failed schedules in your system. This allows to make sure that you are not polluted with data you won’t need anymore.
– Send an alert every time a new failure is detected for a given schedule. Plus, this monitor will send metrics for you to have a chart with the execution states of a schedule.
Monitor to make sure that a metric (populated by business object himself) isn’t breaking a threshold you’ve configured here. For example, you can have an alert if the concurrent number of audit events in the queues is more than 100.
Monitor to make sure that some configuration properties of you server aren’t configured with values you don’t want. For example, you can have and alert every time the log level is set to something else than “low”.
With this monitor you will have an alert every time a server is in an unexpected state for more time than a threshold you’ve configured. For example, you can have an alert when a server is in the state “stopped” for more than one minute. As it’s completely customizable, you can make sure that nobody activates a server that you don’t want it to be working. This monitor can also send metrics concerning the state of the servers.
ABAP instance memory
This monitor will check the following memory metrics:
– Extended memory usage
– Heap memory usage and peak usage
– Paging and rolling memory usage
The monitor will send an alarm if any of the memory usage exceeds the thresholds.
ABAP instance response time
ABAP response time is one of the key metric to measure system performance as experienced by the users. It is important to detect any performance drop in order to react before too many users get impacted.
This monitor will watch for the response time of DIALOG, SPOOL and UPDATE tasks. It will also focus on specific database response time and steps rate to watch for system utilization. You can be notified with an alarm when a performance drop is detected or if system utilization increases above a limit, and constantly send those metrics to you monitoring system for dashboards or reports.
This monitor will look for locks on table objects and generate alarms if too many locks are waiting since a given time.
A short dump is generated when a program ends unexpectedly. This is a serious indicator that something went wrong during its execution and that some business processes might be impacted. This monitor will watch for all short dumps occurred on the system.
This monitor will focus on the application logs of the system. You can monitor log entry status, as well as the messages contained in a log. To enable the surveillance, you will have to define a list of objects and sub-objects that you want to watch. Note: It is not possible to set filters on text messages contained in the logs, only importance and severity can be monitored.
This monitor is dedicated to the monitoring of batch inputs. It will look for batch input sessions with error status occurred within a period of time.
Notifies with an alarm when a batch input session is in error
Custom CCMS monitoring
The CCMS from SAP can contain thousands of metrics and alarm configurations. It has often been widely customized and one may want to keep using its configuration. This module has been designed to discover metrics and alarm configuration from the CCMS and to re-use it as is. Alarms generated by the CCMS can simply be detected and propagated, or CCMS configuration can be imported in Pro.Monitor and extended from there. Generic profiles can then be created and used on many different systems, from different departments or customers, while keeping a central configuration.
Backups are very important in case of disaster recovery and must be monitored closely. This monitor will look for backup age, size, status and duration for Oracle, MSSQL and DB2.
This monitor is dedicated to the monitoring of SAP database size.
DB Exclusive locks
If too many exclusive locks are held for a long time, performances of the whole system can be impacted. This monitor will help to watch for such situations and generate an alarm if one is detected.
This monitor is dedicated to the surveillance of the dispatcher queues. It can monitor the number of requests waiting in the queues at a given time, and the number of requests written within a given period of time.
ICM status and usage
The ICM allows the SAP system to communicate toward other systems and must be available at all times. This monitor will check the status of the ICM as well as utilization of connections, threads and queues.
IDOC exchange monitoring
This monitor is dedicated to the monitoring of IDOC messages. It will look for ERROR or WAITING status of messages received with a given period of time. You can customize the monitoring by creating specific rules depending on the client, the message type, the partner and the direction.
This monitor is dedicated for surveillance of ABAP application servers (AS). It will send an alarm if an AS cannot be reached, if it is not registered on the message server or if is has been restarted.
PI/XI messages ABAP
This monitor is dedicated to the monitoring of PI/XI messages status of ABAP stack instances. It requires to be associated with an ABAP connector to the target SAP system.
Process Chains monitoring
This monitor is dedicated to surveillance of SAP process chains BI. It will watch for execution error status, duration, delay and job occurrence. You can set general rule to watch any process chain and be notified as soon as any fails. You can also configure specific rule for a given job to monitor its real schedule or duration.
This monitor is dedicated to the monitoring of QRFC queues. It will watch for:
– Queue error status
– The number of current entries
– The number of entries older than a specified age.
RFC Destinations availability
This monitor will check that a destination can be reached from all application servers, using either a RFC ping or an authentication, based on RFC destination configuration.
This monitor will look for SAP buffers used space, hit ratio, directory used, swap rate and quality. Hit ratio, swap rate and buffer quality metrics can be computed since the startup of the instance, or within a period of time.
SAP change settings
Clients correct configuration is important to guaranty system integrity against changes. This monitor will check that system and clients change modes are matching the expected configuration.
SAPConnect handles message sending from SAP via different media like FAX, EMAIL and PAGING. Message sending can be very important for some processes and must be monitored accordingly. This monitor will watch for messages with ERROR or WAITING status and notify when problems are found.
SAP Jobs monitoring
This monitor is dedicated to surveillance of SAP background jobs. It will watch for job error status, duration, delay and job occurrence. You can set general rule to watch any job and be notified as soon as any fails. You can also configure specific rule for a given job to monitor its real schedule or duration.
SAP transaction times
This monitor is dedicated to the monitoring of SAP transactions average execution time per step. You can define the transaction, task and period for which you want to analyze the response time. The monitor will then generate an alarm if the response time is over a threshold.
Transports are used to propagate changes across systems. It is important to detect when a transport is in an error state in order to reprocess it. This monitor will watch for failed transports and notify as soon as one is detected.
The goal of this monitor is to follow the amount of connections on each application server and to detect when the number of connected users is above a threshold. you can differentiate interactive, RFC and plugin users and apply specific threshold for a given application server.
This monitor is dedicated for the monitoring of spools and spool requests: Used number and size for the spools, status and waiting time for the spool requests.
Lots of problems can be detected by checking the system logs. This monitor gives the possibility to regularly check within a period of time if a given log pattern can be found in sys log. When a problem is detected, you will be notified by an alarm containing the line of logs itself, or a count of lines matching the pattern. This monitor can be very useful if you know the signature of a problem in the logs, to be notified as soon as it occurs. It can also be used to detect an abnormal number critical log lines.
This monitor is dedicated to the monitoring of TRFC. It will watch for: the number of TRFC with a given error status and the TRFC entries older than a given age. You can customize the monitoring for a specific direction, destination, function/program or user.
This monitor is dedicated to the monitoring of SAP updates. It will look for updates with ERROR, NOT_COMPLETED or INCONSISTENT status. When an update or a group of updates with such status is discovered, the monitor will generate an alarm
This monitor is dedicated to the monitoring of one of the key service of the NetWeaver instance: the updates service. Sends an alarm as soon as the service is not running.
Work processes are the actual workers in SAP. It is important to check their state, availability and run time. This monitor will watch work processes of all kinds, with the ability to tune the monitoring for specific tasks or cases. It will detect long running processes, stopped or private processes, compute the usage ratio, and notify as soon as a threshold on those metrics is reached.
This monitor will collect the current alerts from HANA statistics engine and forward them through probe alarm interface.
Database CPU utilization
Monitors the CPU usage of HANA database at the instance and service levels.
Database disk usage
HANA database uses disks for persistence. To run out of disk space is to avoid at all cost to maintain the service running. This monitor will check disk used space of the HANA database at different levels.
Database memory utilization
Memory is the main resource of HANA DB and must be watched closely. This monitor will check the memory usage of every service and notify if utilization exceeds threshold.
Backups are important for disaster recovery, you have to make sure that DATA and LOG are saved regularly. This monitor will look for the time elapsed between last backup as well as backup size and duration.
The connections are an indicator of the database load and utilization. This monitor will watch for the number of RUNNING connections and send an alarm if too many are detected.
HANA nodes status
HANA nodes status are visible in the system and this monitor will watch for them. Send an alarm when a node is in an error state.
HANA replication LOG retention statistics
Log retention is important in the replication mechanism as it defines the capacity of the primary system to absorb and store changes waiting to be sent toward the secondary system. If logs are produced quicker than consumed for a long time, the replication will be compromised. This monitor will detect those situations and send alarms so you can react before replication stops.
HANA replication shipping statistics
Log shipping statistics is important in the replication mechanism as it defines the capacity of the primary system to send changes toward the secondary system. If logs are produced quicker than sent for a long time, the replication will be compromised. This monitor will detect those situations and send alarms so you can react before replication stops.
HANA replication status
System replication in HANA is a key component to be resilient against hardware failures or data corruption. This monitor will check that the replication system is in the expected state, during its nominal and transition phases (init,sync). It will also check for reconnects and fail overs and notifies as soon as those situations are detected.
To monitor table statistics is useful to detect potential performance or optimization problems. This monitor will check for the number of records and delta records as well as memory and disk usage of the column store tables.
Operations executed on the database occur within working threads. A long running thread can potentially indicate performance or optimization issues. This monitor will look for running threads and notify when a threads runs for too long.
If too many transactions are blocked for a long time, this could indicate performance or optimization problems. This monitor will watch blocked and uncommitted transactions.
Merge statistics will indicate the performance of the system in persisting changes. This monitor will check for the time taken by the merge operation applied on each table to detect any performance drop in the merge operations.
HANA services are the key components of the HANA systems and must stay available. This monitor will watch for the availability and status of all HANA services.
- HANA 2.0
- Sybase ASE
- Max DB
This monitor will look for the last cumulative, database and transaction dumps and send an alarm if some are too old. It will also detect and report dump errors.
Sybase database size
Disk space is a critical resource for any database, to persist database and log data. This monitor is meant to detect situations where allocated disk space is running low.
Deadlocks can significantly reduce the performance of the applications and the response time for the users. This is usually reflecting a blocking situation which can last a long time. It is therefore very important to detect deadlocks and act rapidly to resolve them if necessary.
Sybase error logs
Errors logs is useful to detect problems and investigate their causes. This monitor will watch error logs and can report any specific or repetitive message. You will be notified as soon as a problem starts happening.
Sybase file system
File system is a critical resource for any database to persist database and log data. This monitor is meant to detect situations where file systems used by the database is running out of space.
This monitor is meant to detect when the database is reaching its limits in processing capabilities. Such situations will impact response times for programs and users. It will check database CPU and threads usage.
An Oracle database consists of one or more logical storage units called tablespaces, which collectively store all of the database’s data. Each tablespace in an Oracle database consists of one or more files called datafiles, which are physical structures that conform to the operating system in which Oracle is running. This monitor is meant to watch datafiles utilization metrics.
This monitor can monitor backup status, dutation, size and elapsed time since last backup. You can quickly set general failed backup monitoring rules as well as custom rules for specific types of backups.
The performance of the Oracle database is visible through several metrics. This monitor collects those metrics and allows to monitor their values: Data cache hit, Buffer cache hit, avg write time, etc…
This monitor will check the time interval between log switches and notify if it happens too often.
DB object errors
Monitors current errors on all stored objects (views, procedures, functions, packages, and package bodies) and notify when errors are found.
Monitors all types of SQL Server database backup
MS-SQL File size
To monitor database files size, with the ability to filter by type of file and specific filenames if necessary.
MS-SQL Used/Free space in file
Monitors used or free space – extents – in all types of SQL Server database files
Monitors a large number of useful SQL Server performance counters
MS-SQL Free disk space
Monitors free space on disks where all types of SQL Server database files are stored
Monitors useful SQL Server configurations items, checking they are set as expected
MS-SQL Free List Stalls
Monitors IO stalls, reading and writing performances for all types of SQL Server database files
Monitors database files growth sizes and remaining space after grow
Get full documentation
Download the full documentation to learn more about Pro.Monitor’s technical features, specificities, monitor details and future developments
SAP Netweaver, Java, HANA
per instance / month
- Predefined monitors
- Realtime alerting
- Custom reporting
- 3rd Party plugins
- ServiceNow integration
- Support & Upgrades
per system / month
- Predefined monitors
- Realtime alerting
- Custom reporting
- CMC Monitoring
- ServiceNow integration
- Support & Upgrades
per database / month
- Predefined monitors
- Realtime alerting
- Custom reporting
- All databases
- Specific DB Integrations
- Support & Upgrades
per integration / month
- All ServiceNow versions
- ITOM integration
Non prod and MSP’s discounts available | Volume discount | Site License | Partner resell program